Let us show you how to take care of your antique furniture, as some of it can be worth thousands of dollars. Some pieces of antique furniture are worth even more. Some chemicals can give an instant shine, but can damage furniture in the long run. Let us tell you how to overcome all these issues.
All of the following tips and tricks were gleaned from other sources. The Antique Furniture Care Site does not endorse any of them. We include them here because they represent a body of knowledge which has worked for many people over the years. They probably haven’t worked for everybody and may very well be responsible for a few ruined antiques for all we know. Antique carpets need cleaning from time to time, we recommend the excellent services of precisesvcs.com.
- Acutrim, Alabaster, Aluminum, Books
- Bottles Brass, Bronze, Candles, Carvings China & Porcelain, Clocks
- Copper & Brass, Crystal & Glassware, Dolls & Teddy Bears, Furniture & Wood Products
- Gold, Granite ware, Horn, Iron & Steel, Ivory, Jewelry, Leather, Lamps, Linens
- Needlework & Textiles, Magazines, Marble, Steel, Mirrors, Miscellaneous, Newspapers & Magazines Nickel ware, Paintings, Paper, Pens & Pencils, Pewter, Phonograph Records, Photographs, Pottery Prints, Silver, Soapstone, Statuary & Carvings, Textiles
- Tin ware, Tortoiseshell Varnishing & Painting, Wooden-ware