How To Obtain Music Therapy Services

Music Therapy services can be obtained in three ways:

  • through a case manager for persons on a Medicaid Waiver with the state of Indiana
  • through private insurance
  • through private pay

Medicaid Waiver recipients must work through their case manager to sign a “pick list” to choose a provider of services. The case manager then completes a referral, and the music therapist then sets up an interview with the individual and/or family or legal representative.

Those persons who have private insurance or who pay privately must complete required paperwork with the music therapist directly.

Some scholarship funds are available for those not under the Waiver, those not covered by insurance, or those unable to afford music therapy services.